13 October, 2007

Enough with the demo, how 'bout some building!





It occurred to me this morning when PJ called from the site that I had put up pictures of the demolition, but none of the beautiful new model homes that line John Street now! (note: PJ is at the jobsite checking in on some prisoners (!!!) who are doing some cleanup as part of their punishment/rehabilitation.) I remembered putting a bunch of pictures on the computer last week for him so here we go. They are really quite nice, and I think I have named them properly. You can find them at the renaissance pointe website (rpointe.org) in the builders floorplans page. Seriously!!! Things are really looking great down there. Which reminds me I need to get info on the new ymca and see how that is coming along. I cannot say in words how proud I am of PJ. It's also really nice that he is hearing from people that this project would not be where it is if it weren't for him. I'm sure it's nice for him to hear it from someone other than me :-) . But again, great job PJ. I wish you all could see how great it is. The city has made the commitment to make that neighborhood really viable. Two gentlemen were overheard talking near the models, saying that you simply cannot get that much house in the city (you have to be part of the spraaaaawwwlll) much less for the price at which they are being offered. Beautiful new homes in a beautiful existing neighborhood with several amenities and excellent distance to downtown with a future trail to downtown at a reasonable price? What else could you ask for?

No comments: