23 February, 2007

Countertops have arrived!




Rob and Jay arrived at 8:30 this morning with 4 pieces of countertop, and a sink. They left a few hours later and my kitchen is looking prettier. Poor PJ worked hard and late last night unhooking the plumbing so they could get the old sink out tearing a pipe in the process (blessing in disguise? How long till it would have gone and we wouldn't already have everything out from under the sink!) and dealing with the disposal. The disposal that is hard wired. And not hooked up to any of the kitchen circuits. And leaking. So he is trying to disconnect a live wire with water. I had my hand on the phone ready for 911 which thank goodness it wasn't necessary. PJ instructed me to call our friends the electricians who told me that it's not their fault it's not marked on the breaker box since they didn't rewire the house. All they could do is come out and test each breaker to see which one the disposal is hooked up to. Duh, we could do that. Come on. That's kinda not the point. So that will be a project we will look at this weekend. Our favorite game: find the breaker!

Anyway here are the counters. I think they look great except I found a few scratches. I will have PJ look at them and email Rob tomorrow and find out what he can do about them. All in all I am pleased and now anxious to get tile up and paint !!!

No comments: